Extremely aromatic soft mid green leaves make this the most popular Basil of all. The summer salad must. Pinch out the flowers to maintain bushy leafy growth. Very frost tender. Basil plants are gross feeders and need plenty of organic fertilizer.
Use fresh leaves and flowers with:
• Avocado, Aubergines, Beans, Cabbage, Peppers, Salads, Tomatoes, Onion, Squash, Potato, Cucumber,
• Beef, Chicken, Fish, Lamb, Pork, Liver, Shellfish, Veal, Sausage,
• Cheese, Eggs, Omelets, Soufflés, Scrambled and Creamed eggs, Corn bread, Muffins, Stuffing,
• Asian dishes, Italian dishes, Mediterranean dishes,
• Salad dressings, Sauces, Pesto, Oils, Vinegars, Garnishing, Butters, Soups,
• Seeds soaked in water make a refreshing drink.