Small aromatic shrub with small spiky dark green leaves and blue flowers. Hardy, prefers chalky well drained soil. The leaves are used in Mediterranean cuisine. Companion plant with Sage.
Use freshly picked Rosemary leaves:
• Add in at the beginning of the cooking process and use sparingly due to its strong taste.
• Potatoes, Roast vegetables.
• Chicken, Game, Lamb, Veal.
• Use stripped stems as skewers for kebabs with meat and vegetables, strawberries.
• French dishes, Italian dishes, Stews, Casseroles, Soups, Stuffing.
• Salad dressing, Sauces, Herb Butters, Marinades, Oils.
• Biscuits, Baked or Stewed Apples.