A multi-branched herb with feather-like leaves and small yellow flowers borne on a large flat umbels in summer, followed by aromatic edible seeds. Used in pork and in fish dishes and a great addition to salads.
A finely foliaged plant with a bulbous, fleshy base, hollow stems and delicate, thread-like, dark olive green leaves. Flattened heads of tiny bright yellow flowers.
• Use leaves, flowers and seed with:
• Cabbage, Cooked Vegetables, Potatoes,
• Fish, Sausages, Stuffings for Oily fish,
• Biscuits, Breads, Cakes, Pasta, Pickles, Salads, Vinegars,
• Indian dishes, Italian dishes,
• The fleshy, white base of Florence Fennel is eaten raw or cooked.