Mauve flowers in summer with small mid green fragrant leaves. Used in stews, soups, salads and sauces. Medicinally has anti fungal and antibacterial properties.
Use fresh leaves and flowers all year round with:
• Carrots, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Baked or sautéed Vegetables (especially mushrooms and courgettes), Mushrooms.
• Beef, Chicken, Fish, Game, Lamb, Pork, Shellfish, Veal, Sausages.
• Butters, Cheese, Eggs, Salad dressings, Sauces, Soups, Stews, Stuffings, Vinegars, Marinades (especially for olives).
• French dishes, Italian dishes.
• Thyme is a classic component of the French bouquet garni, with Bay and Parsley.