Common Thyme Brine for Leg of Lamb
(This mixture is enough for a 2kg Leg)
- 3L water
- ½ Cup of Salt
- 4 Common Thyme Sprigs of about 7cm each
- 1 Rosemary Sprig of about 15cm
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Put all ingredients in a pot big enough to hold brine and leg of lamb
- Let is come to the boil, making sure the salt melts – the mixture will change color
- Take off the heat and let cool down some
- Add Leg and leave overnight
- Remove from brine and cook covered for about 2-3 hours, then cook uncovered for about 30min to brown.
Join us at The Herb Farm Bistro for some amazing dishes!