- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Silver Thyme (pull leaves from the stalk)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mild peppadews, well-drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200 ˚C.
- Stir together dry ingredients and herbs; first 7 ingredients.
- Blend in butter to look like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in Peppadews
- Mix milk with egg; stir into flour mixture until moist.
- Scoop into muffin pans
- Bake until golden 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
*Enjoy with Cream Cheese
Visit us at The Herb Farm Bistro for some amazing dishes!