Let’s Bake… Basil, Sundried Tomato and Black Pepper Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- olive oil or melted butter
Preheat oven 200 ˚C.
Stir together dry ingredients and herbs; first 7 ingredients.
Blend in butter to look like coarse breadcrumbs.
Stir in tomatoes.
Mix milk with egg; stir into flour mixture until moist.
Gently knead well.
Roll out and cut with cookie cutter
Bake until golden 15 – 20 minutes.
Brush with seasoned olive oil or melted butter.