HOW TO GROW LAVENDER
Planting in the garden
- All lavender varieties like full sun and soil that drains well.
- Plant compact varieties 45cm apart and larger varieties 90cm apart to allow air to circulate between the plants
Planting in pots
- Use a potting mix that drains well.
- Water regularly and fertilise two or three times during the growing season with an organic fertiliser like Vita 5.1.5
Watering and feeding
- Water regularly until new plants are established then reduce watering to once weekly. Lavender in pots should be watered when dry.
- Feed with an organic fertiliser like Vita 5.1.5 every 3 months
- Cut back by a third after flowering.
- Lavenders that flower continuously can be lightly trimmed when bushes start looking untidy.
Deadheading keeps plants looking neat